Friday, January 4, 2013

Photography and Cameras: Spencer Pinhole Camera

While I was working on cameras last summer I converted my Spencer Full-Vue twin lens reflex camera to a pinhole camera.  The Spencer was built about 1948 and uses 120 roll film.  I removed the Spencer lens and replaced it with a pinhole lens that I drilled in a brass shim.  The aperture setting is f/512.  The Spencer does not have a nut allowing it to be attached to a tripod, so I built a platform that matches the bottom of the Spencer and can be attached.  This works very well.  Here is a photo of the Spencer pinhole camera.


I use the camera on the "B" setting to control the length of time for the exposure.    I used black tape on the front of the camera because it had some light leaks in it.  I really like the feel of this camera.  You set it waist-high on a tripod, look down through the large viewfinder and take your photograph.  It works very well.  I will post one photo from this camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment